How to Fix a MagicJack DownloadFix problems that hinder your MagicJack from allowing you to make calls by upgrading the the original software. MagicJack users sometimes find that they can't get their device to function properly, due to the device not being recognized or calls not connecting. Uninstalling the "mjusbsp" folder from your computer's "AppData" folder, along with the proper registry file, may correct your issues without need for further download. Download the MagicJack upgrade if you still experience problems placing and receiving calls.
Things You'll Need
- Internet connection
- Alternate phone
- Unplug your MagicJack from your computer, then navigate to your computer's "AppData" folder. Go to "Start," "Computer," "C:/Documents and Settings/UserName/AppData."
- Delete "mjusbsp" from the list that appears in the "AppData" folder. Right-click the folder file, then select "Delete" with your mouse.
- Open RegEdit and delete the appropriate folder. Go to "Start," type "RegEdit" into the search field, then select it from the search results by clicking on it. Delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_YMAX&PROD_MagicJack&Rev_2.00" from the registry by navigating to it, right-clicking, then choosing "Delete" from the pop-up menu.
- Close RegEdit and plug your MagicJack back into your computer's USB port. Test out your MagicJack by placing a phone call to a alternate phone line. Call your Magicjack number from anther phone line to test that it is able to receive a phone call as well. Continue reading if your problem remains.
- Download and install the MagicJack upgrade software. Visit "http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe" and click "Save FIle" when the dialog box appears on your screen. Follow the on-screen instructions that appear to complete the software upgrade. Your MagicJack's drivers and software will be up to date, and your phone calls should no longer be hindered.